A10 Networks Expands Portfolio of Security Solutions with the Introduction of the New Thunder Convergent Firewall
- SAN JOSE, Calif. – Nov. 10, 2015 – A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), a leader in application networking, today announced the A10 Thunder Convergent Firewall (CFW); a standalone security product that leverages the ACOS Harmony platform with cutting-edge innovations. Thunder CFW key benefits include:
- High-performance Secure Web Gateway with integrated explicit proxy, URL filtering and SSL Insight. It enables security policy enforcement for client outbound HTTP/HTTPS traffic.
- High-performance data center firewall (DCFW) with integrated network denial-of-service (DoS) protection and Server Load Balancing (SLB).It provides Layer 4 stateful firewall and Layer 7 application-level gateway.
- High-performance Gi/SGi firewall with integrated network DoS and Carrier Grade NAT (CGN). The Gi/SGi firewall protects the mobility infrastructure with advanced policy enforcement.
- High-performance IPSec site-to-site VPN.It helps enterprises to secure application traffic between sites and it enables global enterprises to use public networks to transport application traffic securely.
- aGalaxy Centralized Management System support for Thunder CFW. aGalaxy provides device management, configuration, reporting and troubleshooting for Thunder CFW.
Sophos First to Bring Synchronized Security to Endpoints and Networks in New Sophos XG Firewall with Security Heartbeat™
- OXFORD, U.K. Nov. 9, 2015. Sophos (LSE: SOPH) , a global leader in network and endpoint security , has introduced the first synchronized security protection against today’s sophisticated threats with the Sophos Security Heartbeat™ capability of the Sophos XG series of next-generation firewalls and UTMs. This new technology directly links next-generation firewalls and UTMs with next-generation endpoint security to share threat intelligence that enables faster detection of threats, automatic isolation of infected devices, and more immediate and targeted response and resolution. With Security Heartbeat, organizations of any size can advance their defenses against increasingly coordinated and stealthy attacks and drive a dramatic reduction in the time and resources required to investigate and address security incidents.
- The Security Heartbeat pulses continuous, real-time information about suspicious behavior or malicious activity between endpoints and the network firewall or UTM. By giving these traditionally independent products the ability to directly share intelligence, the Security Heartbeat can instantly trigger a response to stop or help control a malware outbreak or data breach. The Sophos XG Firewall uses data provided by Sophos endpoint protection to isolate and restrict access to and from the affected device, and in parallel, the endpoint protection can remediate the attack.
Sophos Placed in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner’s 2015 Mobile Data Protection Solutions Magic Quadrant for Seventh Consecutive Year
- OXFORD, UK – Oct. 13, 2015 – Sophos today announced that it has once again been positioned in the “Leaders” quadrant of Gartner, Inc.’s Oct. 8, 2015, "Magic Quadrant for Mobile Data Protection Solutions.” The report is based on an assessment of a company’s ability to execute and completeness of vision. Sophos has been placed in the Leaders quadrant since 2009, which we believe demonstrates a proven consistency in product delivery and a mature vision for the technology.
“We feel this continued recognition is a testament to the value we place on protecting data across all devices and environments,” commented Dan Schiappa, senior vice president and general manager, enduser security group at Sophos. “Our encryption everywhere philosophy, combined with our vision that security can be simple, drives us to develop security solutions that are both powerful and easy to use. We are enabling organizations of any size to implement next generation endpoint security technologies that work as a system to better protect their users and their business.”
Sophos is the only IT security company to be positioned as a Leader by Gartner in three security Magic Quadrant reports: December 22, 2014 Magic Quadrant for Endpoint Protection Platforms (EPP), the August 27, 2015 Magic Quadrant for Unified Threat Management (UTM) and once again, the October 8, 2015 Magic Quadrant for Mobile Data Protection (MDP). In June 2015, Sophos was placed in the Visionaries quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Suites.